Policies and Procedures
I understand if the participant is enrolled in a program that has installment monthly tuition I am continuously enrolled in the program and I will incur installment monthly tuition charges on my account until I submit a The Art of Dance class drop request. This document may be obtained from The Art of Dance Front Desk. If I am dropping a class (with installment monthly tuition) it must be done on or before the last day of the month. If I drop a class after the month begins I will not receive credits and/or refunds for the remaining classes in the current month. I understand that The Art of Dance does not guarantee make-up classes, credit and/or refunds for, but not limited to programs, class(es), tumbling, camps, private lessons, birthday parties, birthday party guests, bring a friend, play time, field trips, competitions, preschool, group activities, family fun nights, parents night out, or dance missed and/or canceled due to holiday, vacation, illness, weather or any other reason. The Art of Dance does not issue refunds. All sales are final for any product and/or service purchased and/or provided by The Art of Dance. Contingent on availability. If you should receive five classes during the month instead of four there will be no extra charge although it will be considered a makeup for classes missed while we are closed for holidays. You are responsible to make timely payments of balances due on your The Art of Dance account. From the date of registration forward your entire account balance shall be due the 1st of each month. You understand this only applies to programs that have installment monthly tuition. Fees for other products and/or services shall be paid for at the time of purchase and/or registration. If your payment is not received on or before the due date, The Art of Dance will initiate electronic payments for any balances due on your account PLUS an administrative late fee of $10.00. Payments will be processed with the payment method/information you have chosen on the registration form that is kept on-file with The Art of Dance. If provided, an e-mail notification will be sent any time a payment is processed. You acknowledge that this authorization will remain in effect until you notify the The Art of Dance in writing that the authorization should be terminated. If for whatever reason, payments cannot be processed and your account balance remains overdue, understand that enrollment in class(es) will be canceled. You will be responsible for all costs incurred for collection of any delinquent payments, including but not limited to collection/ attorney fees/ court costs. You understand that monthly payment amounts may vary as classes are added or dropped and as other charges/payments are applied to your account. New and updated billing, address and telephone information is the responsibility of the member, and not the responsibility of The Art of Dance to notify the member of expired/declined credit cards and EFT returns. All overdue accounts, including canceled accounts, will be charged $10.00 late fee each month until the account is paid in full or arrangements are made for payment. The Art of Dance reserves the right to modify the terms of this agreement with written notice.
General Policies and Important Information
- Students and parents are restricted from contacting teachers by phone, email, text messages, etc. All communication with teachers or the director must go through The Art of Dance office (email is preferred [email protected]).
- Email: Email is used for all communication including general information, class reminders, cancellations/closures and special events.
- Fees Are Non-Refundable: Membership fees, Media fees, tuition and costume fees are non-refundable.
- Weather Cancelations: We try not to close due to weather; however, if we do; you will be notified via email and it will be posted on Facebook.
- Schedule: The entire facility will run on the same holiday and vacation schedule.
- Picking Up Your Child: Children must be picked up promptly when their classes end. Excessive delays may result in additional charges to your account.
- Membership Fee: As well as covering insurance expenses and processing fees, members receive exclusive discounts for summer camps, birthday parties, workshops, special events and receive an exclusive 10% discount anytime at Trims & Togs on all dance apparel and shoes. Most of our events/extras will have a member and non-member pricing. Membership fee covers your family for 1 season.
- Discontinuing a Program/Class: A stop class request form must be filled out and turned into the front desk or mailed to The Art of Dance 9229 Highland Rd., White Lake, MI 48386.
- Other: The Art of Dance reserves the right to cancel or combine classes with 3 or less students registered.
- Website/Contact Information: theartofd.com – 9229 Highland Rd, White Lake, MI 48386 – 248-698-2441
- Included Items: each registered dancer receives a recital t-shirt and recital DVD (must be registered in May & June)
- Media Fee: a $10 media fee will be charged to each registered dancer. This will allow each dancer to view and download all photos taken at recital. Photos will be available for download from photographer for 6 months from date of recital.
Dance Program Policies
- Dance Recital: Recital participation is not required; however, it is a big part of your dancer’s experience. Complete information about our recitals will be available on our website and via email closer to time. We hold a Recital Information and Costume handout week
- Tuition: Our full season runs September through June. The seasonal tuition is divided into 10 equal payments and includes 1 recital DVD and 1 recital themed t-shirt. Tuition has been adjusted for holidays and closures.
- Dress Code: ALL dancers are expected to be in proper/required dancewear and shoes per class. Dress codes not only introduce a sense of discipline into the classroom they also allow teachers to better correct alignment and technique. Dance wear can be ordered at a 10% discount at Trims & Togs.
- Attendance: If your dancer is unable to attend their regular class, he or she may attend a comparable class during that same month. We do not guarantee a make-up class will be available.
Music Program Policies
- Lesson: Students will meet with their instructor weekly, except during scheduled closures, for a 30 minute lesson.
- At Home Practice: Students are expected to practice their music lessons at home in order to progress. A large percentage of their success depends on their dedication to at home practice.
- Schedule/Instructor Changes: Must be made through the front desk at 248-698-2441.
- Attendance: we will do our best to accommodate make-up lesson for lessons missed with at least a 24 hour notice.
Student and Parent Use of Social Media
Use of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, blogging, and other online social media vehicles is commonplace. This policy is intended to provide The Art of Dance students and parents with guidelines to eliminate any confusion concerning the use of social media.
- You DO NOT have permission to reveal any information that compromises The Art of Dance. By that we mean you are forbidden to share personal information about the director, other students or their families, or anything that is proprietary and/or confidential to them or The Art of Dance.
- Students and parents should neither claim nor imply that they are speaking on behalf of The Art of Dance.
- Never post anything that could compromise the self-esteem of students who attend The Art of Dance.
- If you post videos of class or rehearsals, don’t post any choreography in its entirety; The Art of Dance owns the copyright to all choreography taught at the studio.
- Respect the law, including those laws governing defamation, discrimination, harassment, and copyright and fair use. As stated in this handbook, parents and students should never post negative comments about other studios or teachers. Also, please do not post negative comments about studio activities such as competitions, conventions, and performances or about the directors of those events.
- Ensure that your social networking conduct is consistent with all of the policies contained.
Parents/Guardians must accept our waiver/consent form via Studio Director Account before their child is able to attend classes.
Safety issues and legal responsibilities make it impossible for us to allow students to bring visitors into the classroom. Of course, we always welcome anyone to try a class with a signed waiver except Performance or Competition Team class.
Parking Lot Safety
The studio is home to children of all ages. Please enter and exit our parking lot with extreme caution. Never park your vehicle in any area that is not a designated parking space. Please do not allow children to play in the parking lot.
www.theartofd.com – 9229 Highland Rd, White Lake, MI 48386 – 248-698-2441
Facebook Page www.facebook.com/theartofd “Like” The Art of Dance page on Facebook to receive updates on studio events. Please invite your family and friends to “like” the studio as well. Please do not post questions on the studio’s Facebook page. Instead, please email them directly to [email protected]
Check out our YouTube account for all our videos tutorials!